Thursday, July 16, 2009

Can we keep her?

I am currently hosting a friend's daughter. I have had the privilege to have her in my house since Sunday afternoon. I think the plan (her parent's plan) is for her to return home on Saturday. Their plan and mine do not match up. I think I'm keeping her. I know I want to. I think that she's really my daughter, I just didn't give birth to her. I guess that would have to count for something though - the whole birth-giving thing. The thing is, even my kids want to keep her. I think we've rescued too many strays - they think if a creature stays around for more than a night or two, they get to decide if we keep it or not.

So, while I don't think my plan to keep her will work out, I do want her folks to understand that they have done a fantabulous job raising this young lady. I also want to let you know that we may not be available to answer any phones or emails until I'm ready to give her up. We have caller ID & know how to use it. :) I also know Mar's love for the roads that have to be taken to get to my house, so I feel somewhat safe keeping her at my house.

I may be able to bribe my children into releasing your child back into your custody if we can hand-deliver her and insure that she is better off at your house by having an in-home evaluation period of a few days.

I'm just say'n.

Take care - Me

6 comments:

Marcus said...

I am amused. However, you have the "good one." You would not feel this way if you had either of the other two.

tlm said...

In a word, "NO!" No, you may NOT keep my daughter. I miss her like crazy. I'm ready to have her back home. As a matter of fact, I started working on her return travel plans before I even had my coffee today. I'll let you know what they are.

You are still most welcome to come for the home visit, though!

knitforknot said...

I'm sorry, all lines are busy right now... If you would like to leave a message, we will get back to you as soon as possible... (NOT)

Shannon Outlaw-Kimsey said...

The girls were so wonderful at the wedding. They worked their butts off. Mar and Lo have done an amazing job with them! I don't know what we would have done without the whole family! Love y'all!

the Provident Woman said...

So how did they do it? I want to make sure my kids grow up to be someone like that.

weavermom said...

This is adorable!! I wish we lived closer and she could come visit me for a weekend ... (or longer should I, like you, become somehow unavailable. he he)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm always excited to "meet" homeschoolers with whom I am friends or have mutual friends. :)