Thursday, October 25, 2007

Au revoir bon ami...



You have been with me for a while. Your shiny surface brought me up from my morning stupors. The aroma drifting from your depths soothed my soul like no drip could ever possibly hope to. From the organic, fair trade breakfast blends to the French roast Brazilian that you cradled so lovingly - your elixir made those days special. I remember finding you, a $40 pot, for only $10. I knew you’d been made just for me.

I have to let you go now. Perhaps your base will become a lovely candleholder, something to remind me of our special relationship. Please know that you were priceless to me. You filled my senses with your deep roasted aroma and liquid love. I will always remember you. Thank you.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

That may be your finest piece of writing yet. I love it. I laughed. I cried. I thought of my own French press, which never sees the light of day.

Fortunately, a replacement is available in a half dozen stores here, so plan a trip.