Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tread, suck and run...

This is just a catch-up post. Nothing grand or exciting, just some regular old blogging about the life of me.

OK, who am I kidding? I'm going to probably chat about cancer, kids, racing and auburn hair dye on hair that is 6 inches shorter. The point is, I'm not sure what I'm going to type out here. Most times when I sit down to blog, I have already been mentally typing it out before I ever get to the computer. Today's is just a type as I go day.

I did have a wonderful saying earlier when I was on the phone with a friend. I was explaining that I was in the deep end of the pool and I was tired of treading water. I was just having one of those moments. Amazingly enough, it was not about Mother's cancer, rather it was about my mother in law. I'm sure that somewhere in here Mother's cancer is factoring into the depression/deep end on some level, but today, it was the MIL that sparked the fiery decent into waterdom. Or maybe it was the discussion with Speedy last night about the house addition. (Hello Boggan, please call me if by some miracle of a chance you've seen this blog as it's a year later and we still have not added on and desperately need your help and really I normally try to not have run-on sentences but I am desperate.) The house addition/MIL issues will have to be a post unto their own as they are both worthy blog fodder.

Anywho, today I was in the deep end and sinking fast. When this happens, my poor friends are normally the ones whom I call for the SOS. (Thanks Lo!) As I was trying to collect myself to talk reasonably and not be a blubbering fool with snot running out her nose as I drove, I explained that I was just going to suck it up. That's what I do. I suck it up and keep on going. However, as I warned my friend, someone better grab the room freshener, because one day, all that sucking up was going to product one big, fat, ugly fart on humanity. After all, that which is sucked up must be pushed out somewhere. And God bless the humanity around me when it does blow back out!

So, while this is not an even remotely interesting blog post for the three readers I have, I thank my friends who are out there reading. Please know that I will try to keep the hot air from hitting you when it does expend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you can blow your hot air on me at anytime. This will only be acceptable, because dear friend it is you doing it.